We've taken the IRON165r2 and chopped off a row of keys! Well we did a bit more than that, making small changes and tweaks along the way to further improve the IRON design, but it sounds a lot more fun describing it that way.
- Choice of WK, WKL, or MX HHKB top
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Bottom Accent Plate w/exposed rune logo
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim, choice of hotswap or solderable
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press (see analysis below)
Each board comes with a black anodized aluminum base and contrasting aluminum accent "weight". Please refer to the prototype photos for a visual depiction.
What's In The Box
- Iron160 Keyboard kit
- Aluminum Plate
- PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable
- All mounting hardware
- Custom hard carrying case
***Keycaps and switches are NOT included!***
There will be three plate layout options, semi-fixed. All plates support split backspace and stepped caps.
- Tsangan (7u bottom row)
- ANSI (6.25u bottom row)
- If a hotswap PCB is chosen, your kit will come with a Tsangan plate which is the ONLY compatible plate with a hotswap PCB.
- Due to physical key compatibility with the case, an ANSI plate is only an option when choosing a WK top.
- Due to physical key compatibility with the case, WKL and MX HHKB tops will come with a Tsangan plate.
Solderable PCB Supported Layouts
Hotswap PCB Supported Layouts