[Preorder] IRON165 PC
This is a group buy or preorder product. By purchasing this product you are agreeing to the estimated fulfillment date and disclaimer detailed below.
PREORDER GOES LIVE SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22ND AT 11:00AM ET
APPROX 100 BOARDS TOTAL WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER
This is it! The FINAL RUN of IRON165 PC.
Before sunsetting revision 1 of the IRON series we wanted to revisit PC, one of our most popular releases but also a release with a very limited quantity. Put simply, this one is for the fans who missed out but just like every single other release we didn't leave well enough alone and packed in all the changes we've made since last year.
WHAT'S NEW - THE BOARD
This latest version includes all the quality-of-life improvements seen in the round 2 and PC release but also goes further incorporating some design changes from both the IRON160 and the most recent IRON Alice keyboards.
Years of community feedback and internal testing once again brings focus back to the gaskets and gasket "pockets" where less compression and surface area is preferred. With gaskets now smaller and the "pockets" deeper the plate almost feels like it's floating in space. This leads to the best typing experience ever on the 165 and makes the board far easier to build.
Additionally, due to popular request, we are also offering a hybrid option, boasting a PC top and black anodized aluminum base for those looking for a bit more rigidity or maybe just some contrast.
WHAT'S NEW - PLATES AND PCBS
The default FEA-optimized plate and ALL pcbs will now support both bottom row configurations, 6.25u (ANSI) as well as 7u (Tsangan). While we will still are committed to offering force-analyzed fixed plates for the IRON series they will only be available as extras to avoid confusion when ordering.
IRON165 PC FEATURES
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim. V2 Solderable is default, V3 solderable and Hotswap upgrades available.
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press
- Polycarbonate body, your choice of full case or top and aluminum base
- Your choice of bottom weight and matching badge
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Iron165 PC Edition Keyboard
- Universal black aluminum plate
- Hotswap or solderable PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable
- Screw spacers (for flush mount look)
- Gaskets and bumpons
- Custom carry case
SOLDERABLE PCB SUPPORTED LAYOUTS
ESTIMATED FULFILLMENT TIMELINE
- Bulk shipment (to our facilities) expected Q1 2024.
- Shipment to buyers expected to take two weeks after arrival at our facilities.
The images presented may be 3D renders or photos of pre-production prototypes and are for illustration purposes only. The final product may differ slightly in appearance and/or color. Fulfillment dates are only estimates and delays could occur.
The IRON165 PC features premium metals that may contain imperfections on surfaces that cannot be seen when the keyboard is fully built. This is especially true on the underside of the hand polished weights. Again, these imperfections will not be visible from the outside after the keyboard is built.
Keycaps and switches not included.