We've taken the IRON165r2 and chopped off a row of keys! Well we did a bit more than that, making small changes and tweaks along the way to further improve the IRON design, but it sounds a lot more fun describing it that way.
Oh, and we brought plum back!
Never satisfied and always striving for perfection we've been able to improve upon our already stellar precision detail and surface finishes. Improved processes and sourcing of even higher quality raw material has led to the IRON160 having one of the smoothest, most consistent, and most even-color surface finishes ever achieved on a keyboard.
- Choice of WK, WKL, or MX HHKB top
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Bottom Accent Plate w/exposed rune logo
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim, choice of hotswap or solderable
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Custom high-quality shoulder screws for a flush appearance
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press
Each board comes with a black anodized aluminum base (or optional solid copper base) and contrasting aluminum accent "weight". Please refer to the prototype photos for a visual depiction.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Iron160 Keyboard kit
- Aluminum Plate (Tsangan 7U)
- PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable
- All mounting hardware
- Poron gaskets
- Custom hard carrying case
***Keycaps and switches are NOT included!***
There will be three plate layout options, semi-fixed. All plates support split backspace and stepped caps.
- Tsangan (7u bottom row)
- ANSI (6.25u bottom row)
- Each kit comes with a plate in the Tsangan (7U bottom row) layout to ensure compatibility with ALL case layouts.
- Due to physical key compatibility with the case, an ANSI plate is only compatible with a Winkey (WK) layout top and is only compatible with a solderable PCB.
Solderable PCB Supported Layouts
Hotswap PCB Supported Layouts
ESTIMATED FULFILLMENT TIMELINE
- This is an IN-STOCK sale. Boards will be shipped to customers in 3-7 business days after purchase.
The images presented may be 3D renders or photos of pre-production prototypes and are for illustration purposes only. Keycaps, switches, and/or props are not included. The final product may differ slightly in appearance and/or color. Fulfillment dates are only estimates and delays could occur.