[Preorder] IRON Alice
This is a group buy or preorder product. By purchasing this product you are agreeing to the estimated fulfillment date and disclaimer detailed below.
PREORDERS GO LIVE AUGUST 5th, 11AM ET
After four years of IRON series keyboards we wanted to bring something to the table (or desk) both brand new and extremely special. The Alice layout has been requested nearly as much as the original 165 so we thought it was time to finally bring this to life. Leaving no stone unturned we applied our classic IRON design language to this quirky, ergonomic layout while creating something uniquely ours at the same time.
TIMELESS DESIGN, MODERN FEATURES
Just like our very first IRON series keyboard, the IRON165 SE, this limited release features a giant through-hole weight and a simple yet very effective full isolation gasket mounting system, but we've jettisoned the brass for a huge 2.75 lb stunning copper weight. At the same time we've dramatically reduced the compression on the plate between the gaskets. This makes the board a lot easier to build and leads to a "softer" typing experience.
While the clean lines and modern industrial aesthetic appear unchanged the IRON Alice represents the culmination of four years of improvements where we've continued to iterate upon this time-tested design. Put simply, we think the IRON Alice offers the best typing experience in the series yet.
Form meets function creating subtle beauty in every angle and curve without sacrificing anything you’ve grown to love about IRON.
IRON ALICE FEATURES
- 7-degree typing angle
- Improved full gasket isolation mount (less compression, "softer" feel)
- Low-profile front height (less than 17.25mm)
- Huge 2.75 lbs solid copper weight
- Seamless case design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim, solderable only
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (center-mounted)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- IRON Alice keyboard kit
- IRON Alice custom keyboard case
- Black aluminum plate
- Solderable PCB, USB-C daughterboard, and JST cable
- All screws and fasteners
PCB AND PLATE SUPPORTED LAYOUTS
ESTIMATED FULFILLMENT TIMELINE
- Boards are scheduled to finish production this month!
- Bulk shipment (to our facilities) expected September 2023.
- Shipment to buyers expected 2-3 weeks after arrival at our facilities.
- Fulfillment expected to complete in October 2023.
The images presented may be 3D renders or photos of pre-production prototypes and are for illustration purposes only. The final product may differ slightly in appearance and/or color. Fulfillment dates are only estimates and delays could occur. This is a keyboard kit, keycaps and switches are not included.